Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: Tuesday, 7 February 2013
1. By entering Fantasy League Formula 1 (the "Game") through the website located at http://www.fantasyleaguef1.com (the "Website) and associated domains, you are bound to play within the Terms & Conditions of the Game as specified by Fantasy League Limited ("Fantasy League").
2. Entries received after 06:00 GMT on Sunday, 17 March 2013 will not score points for the first race of the 2013 season (Australia). After that, entries must be received before the official scheduled start of a race to score points from that race (the scheduled start may be several minutes before the actual start of a race).
3. Entries will only be accepted upon full payment of any fees due. If any payment is found to be invalid or not of the correct amount, teams associated with invalid or incorrect payments will be removed.
4. Entrants under the age of 18 are not permitted to enter the Game. Proof of age may be required as confirmation of eligibility prior to any prize being awarded.
5. Strictly no entries can be accepted from countries where betting or gambling is not permitted.
6. The entry fee for the Game, at full price, is £10.00 (Sterling) per team. A full refund, if requested with a valid reason, can be made within seven days of purchase.
7. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
8. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of Fantasy League is final.
9. Fantasy League reserves the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be altered to the name of the team's account holder.
10. Fantasy League will not enter into any correspondence relating details of the driver and constructor lists, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any driver or constructor not included on the published list. New drivers may be added by Fantasy League once the season commences if a team replaces a driver for any reason. Driver and constructor prices are in no way a true reflection of real-life values.
11. Entrants will score points as follows:
DRIVERS in your team score points based on their performances in Grand Prix races as follows:
FINISHING POSITION - first = 25 points, second = 18 points, third = 15 points, fourth = 12 points, fifth = 10 points, sixth = 8 points, seventh = 6 points, eighth = 4 point, ninth = 2 points, tenth = 1 point
RACE COMPLETION - classified finisher (completes 90% or more of race distance) = 3 points, driver completes between 50% and 90% of race distance = 1 point
FINISHES HIGHER THAN TEAM-MATE (must be a classified finisher) = 1 point
MOVEMENT IN RACE - driver moves up from grid position (must finish in top ten) = 1 point per position gained (up to a maximum of 10 points per race), driver moves down from grid position = minus 1 point. In the event that a grid position is left vacant by a driver starting in the pit lane or at the back of the grid, that driver is still classified as starting in his initial grid position. If a driver qualifies for a race, but does not line up to start, the grid positions for all other drivers will be adjusted accordingly. Final classifications, as at 24 hours after the race has been completed, will continue to stand for the purposes of the competition and will not be changed.
FASTEST LAP - driver completes fastest lap of the race = 2 points
The CONSTRUCTOR in your team scores points as follows for EACH car in a given race as follows:
WINNING CAR - the constructor of the winning car collects 10 points (exclusive of finishing points detailed below)
FINISHING POINTS - a constructor with a car finishing in the top ten positions collects an additional 5 points, a constructor with a car finishing 90% or more of race distance collects 3 points and a constructor with a car finishing between 50% and 90% of race distance collects 1 point. In the event that a driver is subsequently disqualified after the race, that driver (and therefore the corresponding constructor) will not gain points for being a classified finisher. However, if the black flag offence came during the second half of the race, they will be awarded one point for finishing 50% of the race legitimately.
12. Unlimited team changes are permitted prior to the third race of the season (i.e. prior to the start of the Chinese Grand Prix at 08:00 BST on Sunday, 14 April) and all changes made are effective immediately. After this point, driver/constructor changes can be made prior to each race, with a maximum of 25 team changes permitted for the remainder of the season. Changes made before the official scheduled start of a race will score points for that race (the scheduled start may be several minutes before the actual start of a race).
13. The rules, point structure and driver and constructor lists are all copyright Fantasy League. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Fantasy League.
14. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Fantasy League, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the Terms & Conditions of the Game.
15. The Game is not open to employees of Fantasy League or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives without prior express permission of Fantasy League. Any such entries will be ineligible for any prizes won as a result of entry into the Game. Should this be the case, the prize will be won by the person deemed runner-up for the prize in question.
16. Fantasy League reserve the right themselves to refuse to accept any entry which, in their opinion, does not comply with the rules and regulations of the competition or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. Fantasy League further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the rules of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to Fantasy League as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
17. Any site users found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Fantasy League will be immediately removed from the system and have any subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no recourse to any refunds and Fantasy League reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
18. The winner of the Main Championship is the entrant whose team accumulates the most points from the third race until the final race of the 2013 Formula 1 season. Prizes for second, third and fourth through to 10th place will also be awarded based on points accumulated from the last 17 races of the 2013 Formula 1 season, and rules regarding tied positions will also be applied accordingly. The winner of the Warm-Up Championship is the entrant whose team accumulates the most points from the first two races of the 2013 Formula 1 season (the Australia Grand Prix and Malaysian Grand Prix). The winner of the Mini Season Championship is the entrant whose team accumulates the most points from the eighth race (British Grand Prix) until the 12th race (Italian Grand Prix) of the 2013 Formula 1 season. The winner of the Friends & Enemies League Championship is the Friends & Enemies League with five or more unique entrants whose five top points-scoring teams have accumulated the most points in total for the Main Championship. The Race Winner is the entrant whose team accumulates the most points for each race. In the event of a tie for any prize competition (especially applicable for individual race prizes), the entrant whose drivers have gained the most 'finishing position' points will be deemed the winner, followed by the most 'driver' points and then by the most 'constructor' points. If a tie still exists, then the earliest registered entrant of the tied teams will win the prize.
19. Prizes are allocated as detailed on the Prizes page. No alternative prizes are available and prizes are not transferable. All non-cash prizes will be arranged after the end of the 2013 Formula 1 season.
20. At Fantasy League's discretion, cash alternatives may be offered in place of the specific prizes. Such cash alternatives may have to be taken by winners and the value of the cash alternative may not reflect the real market value of the prize. The value of cash alternatives will always be rounded as a whole unit.
21. Delivery of non-cash prizes is included within the United Kingdom only. Winners living overseas are liable for the extra shipping expenses and all related import and export duties, taxes and levies. For all prizes that include any form of travel, the starting destination will be the United Kingdom and winners and the accompanying party must have valid passports and carry all necessary documents (including visas, if necessary). Winners of these prizes will be expected to organise their own travel to the departure destination and will be responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with using this prize including travel to and from the airport, transfers, meals, hotel mini bar and/or phone calls, travel insurance, loss of usage. We suggest that winners should arrange suitable travel insurance to cover the trip. Any winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult on trips.
22. For cash and cash-alternative prizes, payment will only be made to the person who submitted details originally submitted on the registration form at the time of entry to the game (or as they have subsequently amended). Fantasy League will only pay by direct bank transfer or as a refund to the payment card (debit or credit) originally used to purchase the entry that has won the prize in question. Associated banking charges will be deducted from the prize should they arise; Fantasy League will endeavour to inform the winner and discuss alternatives.
23. Winners will be contacted at the email address they have provided as part of their registration for the Game. Winners will have 10 working days to respond to their email notification and claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of their prize. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and no supplementary winner will be contacted.
24. The prize pools in the Game are pre-determined and not dependent on the number of entries. There is therefore no deduction from any of the available pools for overheads, taxes, profits or any other purpose.
25. Entry fees into the game and prize funds are not protected in the unlikely case of the game not being fulfilled by Fantasy League.